Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home Time, Getting Separated, and waiting in Willcox, AZ

Hi there ya'all ... NO - Leroy and I are not "getting separated". Thank God!!

We had our wonderful home time. Desiree had a great idea to go to the Castaway Restaurant in Burbank, CA for a wonderful brunch party. The restaurant sits on the top of this hill that overlooks a golf course and all of Burbank. Beautiful! and Very yummy. I should have taken a picture of the beautiful chocolate fountain.... mmmm. Wow.

Then we visited with my brother in Fullerton.... then went to our yard in Fontana, CA and tried to get some things worked on... but... it just didn't work out quite right. So we tell our dispatcher that we want to get going. He calls us a little while later and says that the San Diego office needs our help. We need to go rescue a driver with a load in Willcox, AZ.

So off we go... as we are driving there, the San Diego office calls and says that we will have to separate. There is a truck that has been impounded and it is "loaded". Leroy will need to get in that truck and trailer and deliver the load to Anaheim as fast as possible.

We arrive in Willcox about 11pm, ... our boss has already made arrangments for the guy at the impound yard to meet us "after hours" to get it released. We get there, do the paperwork, and go pick up the other driver at a nearby motel... and Off Leroy goes, back to Anaheim. (which is right next door to Fullerton where my brother lives and where we just were.)

Leroy does really good. He (along with the other driver, riding as a passenger) arrive at the delivery place in Anaheim at about 8:30am, get unloaded, and head up to our yard in Fontana. (Must seem like Deja Vu to Leroy... say... wasn't I just here!? he-he. Yes you were.)

After dropping Leroy off at the truck at the impound yard in Willcox AZ, I then head to the nearby TA and sleep. I get my 10 hours off and I'm ready to go at 9am, but no one told my dispatcher that we got separated, or that I now need a load going back to LA as fast as possible so I can pick-up Leroy. So we (Leroy and I both) inform the dispatcher what is going on... and I wait... all day. :(

By 5pm, I realize that I am not getting a load out of here today, so I go do laundry. woo-hoo.

I am praying that we will be brought together soon.
Leaving it in the Lord's hands....
Laurie

No comments: