Sunday, July 8, 2007

Getting Started with Werner




After some advice and phone calls for comparisons, I decided to start my trucking career with Werner Enterprises. I got to pick my start date Monday, (7/9/07), and they offered to bus me to the hotel (La Quinta Inn) location in San Bernardino, CA. the night before orientation started. But I opted to have my husband drive me north from San Diego, CA on Sunday, 7/8/07. That way I could be with my husband, Leroy, for a few extra minutes.
I will be gone for 6 to 8 weeks.

As it turned out... After I had told them I would get there on my own.... we found out that Leroy was assigned a run by his company, and would have to leave on Sunday morning. So, at 6am, Leroy drove me up to my brother, Jon's, apartment in Fullerton, (arriving at 8am), and a few hours later, Jon drove me the rest of the way to the hotel.

This way.... I got to have a nice drive up with Leroy,.... got to spend some quality time with my bro Jon, and since he knows the area... he knew exactly how to get me to the hotel. Jon stayed with me while I checked in, (they were going to have me share a room-no problem, but she was a smoker and I'm not... so they gave me my own room!! God is sooo good), then Jon helped me take my luggage up to my room, and get all squared away. Brothers are wonderful.

Now do a little blogging, then I'll get some sleep, and be in the lobby - ready for the shuttle to Werner by 6am.
Nighty-Night.


No comments: